I have been trying new recipes at home on my family recently, and my family has tried each of them. They have tried the successes and the failures. I recently have been trying to perfect an apple cider cake recipe. It hasn’t worked yet, but I am almost there. I think. However, when I was testing out my apple cider cake recipe I came up with a apple compote recipe to fill the cake with that my family loves. So, the story is that some success are unexpected. I didn’t plan on making an apple compote filler for my cakes, but I did create a pretty successful recipe if I say so myself.
Now here is my APPLE COMPOTE recipe.
- 2 apples ( I prefer Honey-crisp)
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 TBS of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBS of brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Clean, peel, and core your apples. Then chop into small cubes for cooking.
- In a cold sauce pan, place cut apples and lemon juice together. Add orange juice, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place on the stove at medium heat and stir occasionally until apples are tender. Look for the juices to become more like a thin syrup before turning off the heat.
- Let cool off on the stove with lid on before either storing for later or filling your cake.