Summer is the hottest time of the year in Texas. So hot that you could cook an egg on the sidewalk. Despite the heat wave that hits Texas every year, there are a few things I love about summer. It is the time of endless possibilities since school is out. The perfect weather to enjoy the outdoors (if you don’t mind the swarm of mosquitos). So here are my top 10 reasons to love summer.
1. The swimming pool is warm enough to dive into.
2. You get to have adventure with family.
3. Read several novels while bathing in the sun.
4. It is grilling and BBQ season.
5. Any ice cream is all of a sudden a thousand times better. (Plus, you have a good reason to indulge)
6. Summer fruits/vegetables are in season and easy to find.
7. The dog parks are full with even MORE dogs!
8. The best movies start coming out.
9. The sunshine is out for longer which means you can spend more time outside.
10. It is adoption season (when the most pets get adopted) at our local humane society, which can brighten your day any day in any season.
What is your favorite things about summer?